We are committed to continuously improve our Safety, Health, Quality, Food safety and Environment systems by promoting cooperation and open communication with both Hartwall’s internal and external contacts.
At all times, we are compliant with all applicable legal and Royal Unibrew group’s requirements.
We are all, each and every one of us, responsible for our Safety, Health, Quality, Food safety and Environment.
In order to prevent any accidents or incidents from occurring, we conduct all the appropriate risk assessments, and behave accordingly.
We all share passion for Quality.
We always respect Human Rights.
Safety & health statement
- We prioritize Safety and Health
- We want Hartwall to be a safe place to work. Our highest priority is that after each working day all employees and contractors return home safe and healthy. We strive for zero accidents and occupational diseases.
- We behave according to the procedures described in Hartwall Quality System.
- We produce and distribute high quality products, which meet or exceed all the required specifications.
Food safety statement
- We follow our Food safety system to ensure that we produce and deliver food safe products.
- We respect the Environment in everything we do.
- We are committed to reducing our environmental impact by decreasing our usage of energy and materials.
We value our environmentaddremove
We develop our products and packages to be more environmentally-friendly. We reduce our carbon dioxide emissions by optimising the sizes and transport routes of transport equipment, for example. We reduce our energy and water consumption and favour renewable forms of energy. We invest in recycling. We require sustainablity also from our subcontractors.
of our overall waste was recycled
plastic used in bottles decreased by 65 000 kilos
relative water consumption was decreased
Moderate use is fundamentally each individual’s own responsibility. It’s worth taking a moment to review and consider one’s own habits. As a brewing company, we aim to steer consumption towards quality instead of quantity and to influence the development of a positive and moderate drinking culture. A responsible drinking culture consists of shared attitudes and habits, but also of individual choice. We offer a growing selection of non-alcoholic and low-alcohol drinks and beverages with added vitamins.
Federation of the Brewing and Soft Drinks Industryaddremove
As a member of the Federation of the Brewing and Soft Drinks Industry, Hartwall bears its corporate responsibility in terms of both social and environmental issues. The brewing industry is committed to the principle of sustainable development and to the responsible advertising and marketing of products.
The Federation of the Brewing and Soft Drinks Industry aims to collaborate with different organizations to develope the drinking culture to a more responsible direction.
By-products of beverage production are put into good use
Minimising environmental impact is an important aspect of our commitment to sustainability. By-products of beverage production are used for example to make bioethanol and feed livestock.